Tuesday 8 May 2012

AROMATIC PLANTS


Hello, my bloggers! How was your long weekend? Amazing, wasn’t it? Today I’m going to speak about my two favorite aromatic plants. Did you know that the aromatic plants are used for many things? Indeed, they are. For example, they provide some special flavor in the kitchen. They are also used in cosmetics, perfumes, and some kind of medicine. I have always liked these kinds of plants because they amaze me with all of their properties.

My two favorite aromatic plants are Mint and Lemon balm.

We can find mint in the Mediterranean and in China. As we can see, it can grow  almost everywhere. However, it is better to plant it in wet land. Its incredible flavor and texture are very useful in some recipes and it goes really well with chocolate. This plant has very interesting properties: It is digestive and it relieves nausea. WARNING! Do not eat it after dinner; it will not allow you to sleep. 

 Lemon balm is my second favorite aromatic plant.  We can find it throughout the Mediterranean and Europe. Lemon balm is mostly used in medicine due to its properties. It has relaxing properties, and thus it is used in some infusions for better sleep. As we can deduce, it has soothing properties. It is also digestive and healing. It is also used in toothpaste.

That’s all, my friends! But, tell me, what about you?  Do you have some favorite aromatic plant? Do you know something about them? Leave your opinion in the comments. Bye!

3 comments:

  1. If they realy make you not sleep, I do not really want to prove them in an exam season¡ XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. With all this information, everybody could be informed of everything. That's what I like from the blogger.
    P.D. My favourite aromatic plant is thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not very used to eat aromatic plants, I don't like them too much.
    But however, I know that the great quantity of aromatic plants that are used in India for curry is what gives some curry that delicious taste or some times that horrible smell.
    My favourite aromatic plant is mint too.

    ReplyDelete